Friday, 4 October 2013

MAC FULL COVERAGE FOUNDATION REVIEW

MAC Full Coverage Foundation Review

  This is a foundation that I have been using for a long time and I Have wanted to review for a long time! I used this a while back when doing some editorial shoots and dismissed it ever since! I should NOT have!!


Click here on read on to read more.......



This is a pro product and can only by brought directly from MAC by calling them, at a free standing MAC store in London SOHO and Carnaby street, or if you have a pro card.

It is a cream based foundation and is very much the same as studio finish concealer, only missing 2 ingredients one being the SPF, however is does contain some titanium dioxide and can flash back a little in crude flash but personally I don't worry about this or feel it to be an issue. Unless someone comes at you with a bright flash right in your face, I wouldn't worry!




It contains 28 grams of product which is great and can be long lasting depending on how much you sheer it out. Colours can be mixed together on a palette, and the NW shades make great light skin tone corrector's for under eye circles! 


As you can see from the photo, this is literally one finger watched one time and just flowed onto the skin. I only carry 0 shades and mix rather than carry all in my kit as it is a much more cost effective way of holding products and transporting them also. I have also done a YouTube tutorial on this so check that out by clicking on the tab at the top of the page, and in that I used NC30 which turned out to be rather light for me as I had been out in the sun just hours before! It doesn't oxides  either so the colour you see is the colour you get!

The great thing about this product is that it blends back into the skin with a brush or your fingers if there is creasing or you have oily skin! Means you don't have to re apply your make up or ruin it!

PROS!!!


* It is long lasting and can be blended or worked back into the skin if there is creasing
* It will last you a good while!As you do not need to use much!
* It photographs very well
* medium to full coverage as desired.

CONS!

* Only available at MAC Pro or MAC pro stores
* Not suitable for people with clear skin! Far too cakey looking and why cover up good skin anyway!
* IF this product isn't used properly it can look dreadful!
* It isn't the cheapest!



I apply this foundation with an  Real Techniques Expert Face Brush and buff it out with a buffing brush that is in theReal Techniques Core Collection Kit
 ! You can also use a damp beauty blender and this works well also.

If for an occasion I powder this using a POWDER PUFF, yes a puff I do not want to disturb the foundation with a brush and press the powder into the skin, if i do use a brush it will be a small precision for under eye powdering.

And this is the end result!
I powdered it rather heavy (with MAC mineralised skin finish in Natural) as it was a hot day and I wanted it to look less dewy(Some say this is a matte foundation, I disagree!)And then at the end sprayed some La Roche Posey Thermal Water spray or Jane Iredale hydration spray (www.beauty.com) over it to soften up the matte look. MAC Fix plus will work as well.


This was a previous photo I had taken some months back that I found and also used the same application method






Thanks for reading!And watch out for my skincare and full coverage tutorial on YouTube coming soon:)
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Button you look good